Position Summary Interaction Institute for Social Change (www.interactioninstitute.org) is seeking a Communications Manager with relevant communications expertise in the development and implementation of a communications vision and strategy while also overseeing the day-to- day communications needs of the organization.
Areas of Responsibility
• Provide expertise in the development of a vision for external communications at IISC that will best support IISC’s mission and strategic direction. This includes providing leadership on establishing the IISC brand and ensuring consistency in how that brand is conveyed across all communications channels.
• Develop and execute an integrated strategy and communications plan that includes the most effective ways of interacting and communicating with our target audiences.
• Identify and develop the use of innovative technologies that will best support IISC’s mission and overall strategic direction.
• In coordination with other IISC staff, create a communications plan to build an alumni network of participants from past IISC workshops.
• Coordinate the participation of IISC staff in thought leadership opportunities (e.g., conferences, speaking engagements, authoring of articles).
• In partnership with a WordPress developer, as needed, further develop IISC’s website to maximize its value as the primary platform for providing information and engaging with the public. Manage and implement design and functionality changes and enhancements on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure website content is accurate, timely, engaging, and consistent with strategic objectives of IISC.
• Train staff in website content management and facilitate their participation in maintaining website content, as appropriate.
• Utilize web data analytics to inform decisions and add value to IISC’s mission.
• Troubleshoot technical issues as needed to ensure proper functioning.
• Manage all aspects of blog operations including maintaining and disseminating blog guidelines, coordinating the schedule of regular and guest bloggers, processing blog posts, selecting and posting appropriate images, and providing tech support to others as needed.
• Work with internal staff to identify and recruit guest bloggers.
• Manage IISC’s presence on social media platforms – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest – to enhance and leverage the value of those platforms for IISC.
• Identify new social media platforms as appropriate for inclusion in our overall social media strategy.
• Determine strategic use of email as a platform to deliver information and design and execute email campaigns accordingly.
• Develop optimal use of Vertical Response via Salesforce for email-based communications.
• Work with other IISC staff as needed to create content for all communications channels that is well conceived, well written, and engaging.
• Work with outside vendors as needed to design and develop print and electronic materials.
• Work with the leadership team to ensure IISC has the necessary resources – including technology – to support the implementation of the communications plan.
• Partner with IISC Operations Manager to ensure that Salesforce supports IISC’s communications efforts and that the data is accurate and up to date.
• Ensure consistent and logical integration of all digital communications.
• Other duties as needed and assigned.
• Minimum three years of relevant communications experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice and alignment with IISC’s values.
• Experience utilizing websites, email, social media and print material to engage multiple audiences and achieve desired results.
• Demonstrated ability to curate content for digital communications.
• Ability and willingness to work independently and in teams, take initiative, and think creatively
• Project management skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills essential, including a proven ability to communicate in a succinct and engaging manner. Copy editing proficiency required.
• Ability to define, communicate and implement a design sensibility throughout all of IISC’s external facing communications.
• Knowledge of WordPress preferred.
• Experience working with Salesforce is a plus.
Start Date: January 2, 2014; possibly earlier start if appropriate.
Compensation: Full-time, commensurate with experience, competitive benefits package.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include
“COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER–(your name)” in the subject line