Join the fastest growing adult women’s College in America!
The Assistant Director of Academic Advising, Support and Registration is responsible for providing administrative, program and general support to faculty and students involved with the OD programs at Longmeadow, MA and online. This position coordinates the advising process for OD students at the Longmeadow campus including working closely with Directors, the Admissions Team and Financial Services as well as other departments to maintain academic information, coordinate faculty assignments, course schedules, student advising, orientations/special events, information resources, activities, and reporting requirements. The Assistant Director also directly advises up to 100 students annually, working with students to insure that they have registered appropriately.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates advising loads and advising center schedule.
- Creates spreadsheet of adjunct faculty course assignments.
- Assists and supports registration for the Longmeadow and Online. campuses in collaboration with the Directors and under supervision of the Registrar.
- Updates and maintains the student advising handbook under the direction of the Campus Council.
- Maintains computerized databases and tracking systems for academic departments to prepare required reports.
- Insures all course syllabi are posted on Canvas two weeks prior to the start of each session.
- Assists students and adjunct faculty with administrative, instructional and logistical needs including providing necessary forms and follow-up.
- Maintains portal information and provides training assistance to staff, students, and faculty.
- Assist with student support events including resource days, student
- orientations, One-Day events, Academic Achievement Day and Commencement.
- Assigns classrooms for all Saturday courses each session
- Assists with faculty and student satisfaction surveys including compiling and reporting results.
- Develops and distribute the virtual newsletter to keep faculty and students informed about issues impacting teaching and learning, advising, events, opportunities, etc.
- Work with enrollment management teams to facilitate the advising process and improve retention.
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience in higher education preferred.
- Ability to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Thorough understanding of FERPA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet software and database maintenance using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software. Knowledge of Jenzabar helpful.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with organizing events.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines
- Strong problem identification/solving skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision and prioritize work accordingly
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity and equality.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to email@example.com.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path College is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty and staff.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ww76hwn